Your web-browser is very outdated, and as such, this website may not display properly. Please consider upgrading to a modern, faster and more secure browser. Click here to do so.
Who are you getting your Ferguson information from? I'm having problems verifying what's actually happening!
That’s actually what’s taking me so long to update some of my posts; not only is the information surfacing slowly about his case specifically, but I make sure to cross reference at least three sources because some people are just blatantly lying to stir shit up.
Also live feeds keep going down and new ones pop back up but I know some of you are sensitive to video, so
Here’s a list of some twitter handles:
Journalists (All of these are either on the ground in Ferguson as I type this or actively covering events in Ferguson, both Brown’s case and the rallies):
- Amanda M Sakuma
- Scott Olson
- Kerry Picket
- Lisa Brown
- Alice Speri
- Tim Pool
- Claire Ward
- Christopher Hayes
- Greg Thomas
- Zellie Imani
- Cherrell Brown
- Elon James White
- Maria Chappell Nadal
- Miss Angela Davis
- Edward [American Flag tshirt with the tear gas canister]
Instagram Accounts: (TW: Some of these accounts feature graphic video or images of Ferguson events)
- The People’s Record
- Female Villian
- The Political Freakshow
- Pax Americana
- Im Not Havin’ It
- Securely Insecure
- Olitz Me
- Narcileptic Narcissus
- I Write About Feminism
- Optical Dispersion
I’m sure I forgot a bunch but here’s a start. I’ll update it periodically and reblog. Some of it is compilations from a bunch of sources, some is original content. Disclaimer: I’m not vouching for any other content on any of these blogs/twitters/instagrams or any that may be posted after this list but as of right now, the information regarding Ferguson and discussions taking place about the rallies/police and Mike Brown’s death seems accurate.
if you want to be included on any of these lists, shoot me a message with your web-address and I’ll check it out
You will find everything I’ve posted under tagged/ferguson, tagged/police-brutality or tagged/michael-brown
updated and combined.
They aren’t press, just people out there, recording what they see, live tweeting, instagraming. And definitely NOT in that press zone
Please if you know of anyone, especially Ferguson locals, add them to the list.
- Donate money to have those arrested in Ferguson released on bail. These people belong on the streets, especially at a time like this.
- Send a note of condolence to the family of Michael Brown. Let’s not forget the tragedy that started this.
- Donate to the Michael Brown Memorial Fund. This is an official fundraiser run by the Brown family’s lawyers. They are going through so much, lets make sure at the very least it isn’t a financial burden.
- Help get people on the ground. There are activists and reporters who want to do their part and get to Ferguson. Donate and get them there. I am so far aware of Zellie Imani, Zak Jemmott, and JR Valrey (a reporter for SF Bay View).
- Donate to the Ferguson Youth Initiative.The children of this community deserve better than to be gunned down. Make sure they get that in the future.
- Feed the children of Ferguson. Many children in America rely on school to get their meals and thanks to the civil unrest caused by the police, the children of Ferguson have been without school since Monday. These people want to make sure that doesn’t mean anyone is going hungry.
- Find a National Moment of Silence in your area. If one doesn’t exist, start one. Share this experience with others. Solidarity is important.
- Keep awareness up. Not just among the like-minded people on tumblr, this is something everyone needs to be aware of.
- Spread accurate information. There is a lot of distortion going on here and spreading every piece of information as it is reported only makes that worse. First and foremost make sure you are listening carefully, then share what is important and relevant.
If you are aware of any good causes or ways to help that I have missed, please reblog and add them.
So, like everyone’s said… Wasted Potential: The VideoGame?
i can’t even say there’s potential, honestly, because the gimmicks aren’t really far removed from what’s already available on the market
there are neat elements that i like, and some missions have some great and ingenious design in parts, but apart from the phone, it’s the same sandbox you’ve been playing
and what there is to do with the phone tends to take a backseat; the game is at its best when you’re only using the phone, hopping from camera to camera to tail people instead of using stealth, and taking out entire groups of baddies with hacking abilities is legit entertaining as hell BUT it’s faster and oftentimes more efficient to just abuse Focus and shoot your way to victory
not only that but the game has little to do with the theme of surveillance, like it’s there and it’s treated as bad but it’s also treated as good and fun cuz you’re the player and you get to do that shit
i could write much more about this but it’s just flagrantly uninspired
i cannot at this current rate state there’s really any chance they can make something interesting of this franchise unless they jump a shark or seven
i’ve also been taking a general break from the internet — or, rather, a break from being exposed to the internet for very long at a time — in the name of some more consistent mental health
i don’t know how long this will continue, but there will be art soon hopefully maybe. within the next few days, certainly, even if it’s just showin’ more sketches.
like i think it’s a decent enough game if you just want a bunch of stuff to do, but the story is bloated as hell and says and does NOTHING and goes NOWHERE and tries to shock you with dumb shit that has no relevance and
like none of it has anything to do with hacking or surveillance
you’re just some boring-looking asshole with a cell phone going “now that i can hack the world, it is time to shoot it with my bullet gun”
Page 1 of 920